The Morningstar TriStar MPPT charge controller’s advantage over traditional controllers is higher energy harvesting from the solar array, achieved by pulling the energy out at a much higher voltage. You can wire the solar array at 150VDC to charge a 12, 24 or 48V battery. This also allows the array cable to be smaller, the array to be placed further away and higher voltage panels to be used.
Key features and benefits
- Maximizes energy harvest – superior peak power tracking over
conventional MPPT controllers.
- Highest peak efficiency for off-grid controllers in the industry: 99% (TS150).
- Built for reliability and performance, with an oversized heatsink and
over-spec’d components. Fully-rated for operation at temperatures up to 45C.
- Extensive networking and communications features enable system
monitoring, data logging, and adjustability.
- On-board RS-232 port included on all models; Ethernet included on all 60A models.
- Extensive electronic protections include short-circuit, over-current and reverse polarity to ensure the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
- Certified to IEC 62093 which establishes requirements for the design qualification of balance-of-system (BOS) components used in terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Fanless design for long-term reliability
|Charge Rating||30 amps|
|Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||150 volts|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V, 24V or 48V|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 12 volt battery||400W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 24 volt battery||800W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 48 volt battery||1600W|
|Battery Operating Voltage Range||8-72Vdc|
|Voltage Accuracy (12/24V)||
<=0.1% +/- 50mV
|Voltage Accuracy (48V)||
<=0.1% +/- 100mV
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +45C|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No.107.1.01]||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes|