The Morningstar TriStar MPPT charge controller’s advantage over traditional controllers is higher energy harvesting from the solar array, achieved by pulling the energy out at a much higher voltage. You can wire the solar array at 150VDC to charge a 12, 24 or 48V battery. This also allows the array cable to be smaller, the array to be placed further away and higher voltage panels to be used.
MorningStar – Tristar MPPT Charge Controller
Item will ship from our warehouse within 1-5 business days unless otherwise stated alerting to extended processing times
Out of Stock
Item is currently out of stock in our warehouse. Contact us for further details on availability.
Available on Backorder
Item is out of stock and on backorder. Processing times will very on backorder products. Contact us for further details on availability.
Item availability is limited. Contact us for further details on availability.
Northwest SCADA reserves the right to DropShip order based on customer location and product availability.
Northwest SCADA utilized multiple warehouses across Canada and the United States. Some products will ship from the United States to Canada and from Canada to the United States based off product availably and/or warehouse location. Some products are not kept in our Canadian or American warehouses meaning cross border shipping will take place.
Contact us at anytime if you have any questions about the products and availability.
Key features and benefits
- Maximizes energy harvest – superior peak power tracking over
conventional MPPT controllers.
- Highest peak efficiency for off-grid controllers in the industry: 99% (TS150).
- Built for reliability and performance, with an oversized heatsink and
over-spec’d components. Fully-rated for operation at temperatures up to 45C.
- Extensive networking and communications features enable system
monitoring, data logging, and adjustability.
- On-board RS-232 port included on all models; Ethernet included on all 60A models.
- Extensive electronic protections include short-circuit, over-current and reverse polarity to ensure the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
- Certified to IEC 62093 which establishes requirements for the design qualification of balance-of-system (BOS) components used in terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Fanless design for long-term reliability
|Charge Rating||30 amps|
|Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||150 volts|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V, 24V or 48V|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 12 volt battery||400W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 24 volt battery||800W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 48 volt battery||1600W|
|Battery Operating Voltage Range||8-72Vdc|
|Voltage Accuracy (12/24V)||
<=0.1% +/- 50mV
|Voltage Accuracy (48V)||
<=0.1% +/- 100mV
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +45C|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No.107.1.01]||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes|
Warranty: Northwest SCADA backs the products we sell with a 3 year warranty covers manufacturer defects, Buyer pays return shipping, Products damaged outside of listed specifications will be excluded.
Returns: Northwest SCADA accepts returns within 30 days, 20% restocking fee may apply, buyer pays return shipping. Follow the link below to begin a return request.
Visit our Warranty and Returns page for more details